Villages in the Hill & Cork with Transportation
Villages in the Hill & Cork - Caldeirão Mountains, Ethnographic Museum, Santa Catarina, Moinhos Da Rocha - duration 4h
Explore the picturesque traditional villages hidden in the hills, preserving the simple rural way of life.
Experience the rolling hills of the Caldeirão Mountains, with nature's natural herbs like thyme and lavender, a river's murmuring sound and the skills of the craftspeople. Down in the historical centre of São Brás one can find hitewashed houses made in the famous architectural style and other grand houses with their façades decorated with tiles. See the wonderful view of the Caldeirão Mountains from the Main Church's courtyard.
After that you will visit the palace which houses the Ethnographic Museum of Costumes of the Algarve where you can witness the old and beautiful "corridinho" dance on the threshing floors. Fun fact: the cork from São Brás de Alportel is known for its high quality and is used worldwide for everything from fine wines to fashion and even NASA spaceships.
Next stop is the Santa Catarina da Fonte de Bispo to find the tile makers who have lived here for centuries. Experience the smell of Holm oaks on the air, the burned almond shells inside the ovens where the tiles are made and the orange trees flourising in the verandas.
Finally, you will reach the astonishing and calming Moinhos da Rocha waterfall and lake for a time of absolute relaxation. Provided the weather allows it, you can also have a swim in the lake's crystalizing wates, or the more wild ones can try diving from the rock cliff that encircles half the pool. This amazing natural pool is truly one of the many genuine gems of this magnificent region.
• Experience the Caldeirão Mountains and its fantastic nature
• Visit the Ethnographic Museum of Costumes of the Algarve
• See Santa Catarina and learn the tilemaker's history
• Relax on Moinhos Da Rocha beautiful waterfall and lake
• There are no hidden costs, the tour rate contains all taxes, personal/driver with car/minivan, hotel pick-up and drop-off
• Its only logical your plans may change. There are no cancellation fees but we do kindly ask you to inform us ASAP if you wish to cancel/reschedule the tour
• Regarding pickup times, we are proud to offer specific pick up times. We request you are at your hotel lobby/ pick-up address at the time noted.
• Gratuities for your tour guide are not included in tour fares, are payable at your discretion, and are greatly appreciated.
• Any food, drink or services not specified above
• This tour is made by car or minivan. We use either cars (up to 4 people) or minivans (5-7 people)
• Stops are made depending on the itinerary
• The duration of the tour can be shortened upon request
• Add your exact location or hotel to your booking, as an extra transfer, so we can come pick you up
• Our guides are prohibited from taking any commision from the shops so feel free to let them help you buy any kind of souvenirs during the tour
•The pickup time is estimated. For the exact pickup time you will be informed locally
•Αll tours have free pick up transfer only from Olhao, Tavira and Cabanas. Pick ups from other locations have extra costs
• The start of the tour is around 9h30, if no one joins except your customers, this will be the pick up on the Accommodation lobby, if some changes are done, the client will be informed 24 h prior.
Child age: 3-12 after 2 pax
Availability: Not available