Verona and Amarone with Wine tasting and Transportation
Verona and Amarone - duration 8h
Spend a day seeing the beauties of Verona and learning more about Italy's famous Valpolicella wine
Leave Venice to set out on a full day tour to Verona and the Amarone. Arrive in the centre of Verona, right by the sprawling Piazza Bra. Spend two and a half hours exploring this beautiful town at your own pace, see the famous arena, climb up to the castle or simply stroll down the Piazza Bra and drink in everyday life in an Italian city.
After Verona, head over to the medieval towns of the Valpolicella region where there is time to enjoy an optional lunch and a chance to visit the 13th Century church of San Giorgio where there are some of the most beautiful, panoramic views of Sirmione and Lake Garda.
Then drive to an Amarone vineyard for a guided visit and the chance to learn more about this famous wine. Enjoy tasting some of the different wines produced and perhaps buy a few to take home with you. Then just sit back and enjoy the beautiful scenery on the way back to Venice.
• Free time to explore the beauties of Verona
• See some of the medieval towns of the Valpolicella region
• Panoramic views of Sirmione and Lake Garda from the church of San Giorgio
• Guided visit and tasting at a local vineyard
• Transport in air-conditioned minibus
• English speaking driver
• Wine tasting
• Hotel pick up and drop off
• Check in 15 minutes before advertised departure time. Look for the orange umbrella or sign in the minibus
• Maximum of 8 people in minibus
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible
• Comfortable shoes suitable for walking are recommended