The Dolomites Tour with Transportation
The Dolomites Tour - duration 8h
The Dolomites from Venice day tour include the most famous towns and lakes in the dramatic Dolomite Mountains: Pieve di Cadore, Tre Cime, Cortina, Lake Misurina and Lake Auronzo. This unforgettable day day tour includes Europe’s most beautiful mountains, the Italian Dolomites.
Driving past Conegliano in the Prosecco region, you will reach the beautiful emerald-coloured lake of Santa Croce, surrounded by steep mountains and pine forests which are reflected in the waters of the lake as if in a mirror. Your first stop is Pieve di Cadore, a charming alpine village. Here, you get time for a short stroll to see traditional shops selling cured meats, local cheeses and homemade ice cream. The town is also famous as the birthplace Titian, one of the most famous Italian artists.
Your journey continues through tunnels with amazing views of gorges and valleys that seem to appear from nowhere. You will take the toll road up to the Tre Cime di Lavaredo (2,360 metres high) which offers one of the finest views across the valleys and peaks. The scenery is quite simply awe-inspiring.
When you arrive in “the Pearl of the Dolomites”,as Cortina is also known, you will have time to stroll around and take in the beautiful mountain scenery. If the weather is fine, you can also take the cable car up to Faloria at 2,134 metres, which overlooks the whole town of Cortina.
Your journey then continues, making several stops along the way at panoramic viewpoints, past Lake Misurina where you'll have time to look around or, if you prefer, you can enjoy an optional lunch as you gaze at the beautiful mountain tops, a stunning backdrop with views of “Sorapis” and the “Marmarole”. Photo opportunities are guaranteed to be plentiful when you're surrounded by scenery as breathtaking as this! After a thrill-packed day you will travel on to see the picturesque Lake Auronzo, passing through charming mountain villages.
You will then return to Venice.
• Day Tour discovering Europe's most beautiful mountains: the Italian Dolomites
• Visit of Pieve di Cadore, birth place of the Italian artist Titian
• Relaxing stop at two of the most picturesque lakes of Santa Croce and Auronzo
• Breathtaking views and scenic photo opportunities between tour stops
• Highly qualified English speaking driver
• Highly qualified English-speaking driver
• Transport by air-conditioned minibus
• Photo stops along the way.
• No food or drink is included
• Optional gratuities
• This tour is not guided
• Wear warm clothing as the weather can be very different to Venice
• Don't forget your camera as the views can be breathtaking
• Cable car at Faloria closed from September to the end of June
• Maximum group size is eight people per minibus
• This activity is not accessible by wheelchair
• Please wear comfortable shoes
• Please ensure that you are at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. This tour leaves ontime. There is NO REFUND for any late arrivals or no-shows
• Please look out for the orange umbrella or sign in the minibus/ car