The Doge's Palace Tour with Official Guide and Entrance Fees
The Doge's Palace Tour - duration 1h
The Doge's Palace is just waiting to be explored. It is one of the most important symbols of the city of Venice and for centuries, the historical seat of the greatest political power in the Venetian Republic.
Your expert guide will be waiting for you in Saint Mark's Square and will escort you into this amazing palace. You will visit the corridors of power and immerse yourself in hundreds of glorious masterpieces from mediaeval Europe.
The Doge's Palace dominates Saint Mark's Square, the heart of Venice, and stands out for its size and its extraordinary construction, where Oriental, Byzantine and European architecture come together. As you enter the palace, you will pass through the great courtyard where you can admire the wealth of detail on the famous Golden Staircase.
Once inside the palace itself, you can visit the halls where the Doge and his councilors controlled the fate of the Serene Republic, surrounded by hundreds of great works of art, and learn some of the political history of Venice and its inhabitants. The palace houses paintings by some of the most famous artists of the Italian Renaissance, including the world's largest oil painting by Tintoretto. As you walk across the infamous Bridge of Sighs, you will arrive at the new prisons. The bridge was christened by the English poet Lord Byron, probably referring to the sighs heaved by the prisoners, who had their final view of the lagoon and the city from the window on this bridge, before they were taken to their prison cells.
This guided tour ends in the courtyard of the Doge's Palace. Here, you can spend more time inside the palace absorbing its history and pondering the mystery of days gone by.
• Discover the history of the famous Doge's Palace.
• Admire the world′s largest oil painting by Tintoretto.
• View the impressive halls of the Sala del Maggior Consiglio.
• Visit the prisons of the Doge's Palace by crossing the Bridge of Sighs.
• Pick up from a centrally located meeting point.
• Live audio commentary.
• Guided tour of the Doge's Palace.
• Admission fees to the Doge's Palace.
• Skip-the-line entrance to the Doge's Palace.
• Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary.
• Live tour commentary provided in English, French, Spanish or German.
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
• Food and drink.
• Optional gratuities.
• Hidden itineraries in the Doge's Palace.
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time.
• This tour is not suitable if you have limited mobility.
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
• Backpacks are not allowed inside the Doge's Palace.
• You should wear comfortable walking shoes.
• This tour operates in all weather.
• Tour may be affected in the case of high tides
• Child age: 0-2 (free)