Summer al Fresco! Countryside villages with typical food and wine tasting
Summer al Fresco! Countryside villages with typical food and wine tasting - duration 5h
Take a break the Roman way - visit the villages of the Castelli Romani and enjoy some local specialties
Plan the perfect escape from the crowded city by visiting the countryside area just outside Rome!
In the South part of Rome, close to the sea, lies the green area of Castelli Romani, which means Roman Castles. They are Medieval fortresses that guard the hills and you can enjoy seeing them as well as the incredible nature surrounding them. Try the delicious cuisine with some typical wine and the roast pork Porchetta, which is very appreciated in all Italy.
The town of Ariccia is especially known for its Fraschette, a casual osteria-type dining place whose name comes from the old habit of nailing a vine twig on the cellar’s entrance with the purpose of advertising a new vintage. There also many wonderful monuments for you to admire, like the monumental building of Palazzo Chigi and the church of Santa Maria Assunta, designed by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, the same architect who designed St. Peter’s Square in Rome. Accompanied with a local food connoisseur guide, you are bound to experience some fine tastes of food and wine that you won’t forget!
• Beautiful villages set in the hills around Rome
• Famous local specialties
• Pick up starting at 1.30 p.m. from centrally located hotels
• Visit to villages in the Castelli Romani
• Tour in English, Spanish, German or French
• Return at approximately 6.00 p.m., with drop off at your choice of ""I LOVE ROME"" bus stop"
• Any food, drink or services not mentioned above
• Comfortable shoes are recommended
Child Age: 3-7