Special evening the venetian aperitif and ghosts and legends
Special evening the venetian aperitif and ghosts and legends - duration 4h
Ghosts, murders and unrequited love - learn the secrets of areas of Venice that are off the beaten track on an evening walking tour
Begin the tour with a short introduction to the Rialto, in the centre of Venice and one of Europe's most famous market areas. Follow the guide to some bars that are off the beaten-track and sample the local wine and the endless selection of cicchetti. Embrace the Venetian culture and relax, ready for the experience to come…
After some wine and cicchetti head off to the area of Castello, stroll through darkened alleys and across lonely bridges, listening to tales of Doges and noblemen, unrequited love and tragic deaths. Continue past San Giovanni and Piazza Paolo to hear the story behind the graffiti and the stroll along the foreboding Fondamente Nove which faces Venice's cemetery and learn the story of the unburied child that is said to still be seen in the murky depths.
The tour ends in the area of Cannareggio.
• Guided tour of the Rialto area
• Tasting of wine and cicchetti in 3 different bars
• Guided tour of off the beaten track areas of Castello and Cannareggio
• Guided tour of the Rialto area, including one glass of wine accompanied by Venetian cicchetti in 3 different bars
• Guided walking tour of off the beaten track areas of Cannareggio and Castello
•Tours are provided in English, French, Spanish or German
• Optional gratuities.
• Hotel pick up and drop off
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible
• This tour will take place in all weathers, please wear appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes