Royal Monastery Of El Escorial & The Valley Of The Fallen Royal Site Of Aranjuez
Royal Monastery Of El Escorial & The Valley Of The Fallen Royal Site Of Aranjuez - duration 9h
Enjoy a full day exploring El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen in the morning, followed by Aranjuez in the afternoon
"Combine 2 half day tours and save money!
In the morning, visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and the gigantic basilica of the Valley of the Fallen. Begin your morning at El Escorial, the stunning complex that houses Charles V's mausoleum and is sometimes called the 8th wonder of the world. In the company of your guide, explore the Habsburg Palace, the Mausoleum of the Kings and Queens, the Chapter House and the Basilica.
Next hop back on the air-conditioned coach for the short, 9km trip, to the Basilica of the Valley of the Fallen. Your first sight is the 150 m high cross which dominates the landscape. Then be guided round this enormous memorial to the dead of the Spanish Civil War, built into the side of the mountain.
Then travel 46 km south of Madrid to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Aranjuez. Enjoy the beautiful gardens and river that inspired Rodrigo to write the Concierto de Aanjuez. Explore the charming Royal Palace, including the China Room, and Throne Room of Elizabeth II and then breath in the variety of the gardensm the Parterre and the Island. Finally, in the Museum of Royal Feluccas, see the exquisitely beautiful boats used over the centuries to transport the royals along the River Tagus.
(*) Due to technical problems, this museum cannot be visited during October.
• Royal Monastery of El Escorial
• The cross and Basilica of the Valley of the Fallen
• Royal Palace and gardens of Aranjuez
• Museum of Royal Feluccas
• Air conditioned coach
• Bilingual Official Guide
• Entrance to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial
• Entrance to the Basilica of the Valley of the Fallen
• Entrance to the Royal Palace of Aranjuez
• Entrances to the monuments included in the tour of Toledo: Church of St. Tomé (or Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes), Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca and Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz
• Any refreshments or services not mentioned above
• BLACKOUT DATES: 1st May, 10th September
• People 65+ 99.00 per person
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
CHILD AGE: 6-15
Cancelation Policy 100% cancellation fee applies if canceled less than 24 hours or no show
Availability: Not available