Nature Reserva Castro Marim with Transportation
Nature Reserva Castro Marim - duration 4h
Discover the Algarve as you've never seen it before, away from people's noise, where the only sounds you hear belong to mother-nature herself.
Expanding on an 850km radius, from Spain until Vila Real de Santo António in Algarve, the River Guadiana flows creating creeks, canals, lakes, salt pans that provide a safe home for various of animals and plants. The Nature Reserve of the Salt-Marsh of Castro Marim and Vila Real De Santo António, is the oldest in Portugal and is an ideal site for all its sea animals to live and reproduce before they are prepared to get to the ocean.
In this place you can enjoy many migratory birds passing by, from the rarest one, to the most common one, like the black-winged stilt who was chosen as the symbol of the Nature Reserve.
During the winter you can see beautiful flamingos, spoonbills and Caspian terns. In the spring you can enjoy the wonderful flight of storks. In this mesmerizing place the only thing that disturbs the silence are the bird cries. The salt pans carry about one third of the protected area, and it shimmers in the sunlight, a bright white color, in contradiction with the green of the area and the blue of the river. This habitat has provided income for many people here for centuries and even today, it’s still gathered using traditional methods with artisanal processes, creating a product whose quality is certified by the Nature Reserve.
Where the land is drier, the main activity is agriculture and you can find trees such as the carob-shrub, fig tree and almond tree that locals use to create delicious traditional desserts like D. Rodrigo and Morgado.
Experience Algarve in a way most people haven’t and discover its secret paths on this wonderful adventure.
• Discover the amazing Guadiana River
• Get to know its different fauna and flora
• Learn about the locals and its customs
• Relax and be one with nature on this calming place
• There are no hidden costs, the tour rate contains all taxes, personal/driver with car/minivan, hotel pick-up and drop-off
• Its only logical your plans may change. There are no cancellation fees but we do kindly ask you to inform us ASAP if you wish to cancel/reschedule the tour
• Regarding pickup times, we are proud to offer specific pick up times. We request you are at your hotel lobby/ pick-up address at the time noted.
• Gratuities for your tour guide are not included in tour fares, are payable at your discretion, and are greatly appreciated.
• Any food, drink or services not specified above
• This tour is made by car or minivan. We use either cars (up to 4 people) or minivans (5-7 people)
• Stops are made depending on the itinerary
• The duration of the tour can be shortened upon request
• Add your exact location or hotel to your booking, as an extra transfer, so we can come pick you up
• Our guides are prohibited from taking any commision from the shops so feel free to let them help you buy any kind of souvenirs during the tour
•The pickup time is estimated. For the exact pickup time you will be informed locally
•Αll tours have free pick up transfer only from Olhao, Tavira and Cabanas. Pick ups from other locations have extra costs
• The start of the tour is around 9h30, if no one joins except your customers, this will be the pick up on the Accommodation lobby, if some changes are done, the client will be informed 24 h prior.
Child age: 3-12 after 2 pax
Availability: Not available