Montserrat - Morning Tour with Entrance Fees, Guide and Transportation
Montserrat - Morning Tour - duration 5h 30m
Enjoy a half-day tour from Barcelona Montserrat Mountain, visit the Royal Basilica, and see the Montserrat Escolania.
Begin your half-day trip by comfortable bus from Barcelona Montserrat mountain, which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 metres), The Montserrat rocks were formed from natural sand cement over many centuries. Wind and rain have given the mountain strange and varied shapes. Take a look at the strange forms, and see if you can imagine human and animal shapes in some of these peaks. Many of them have popular names or have sparked fantastic legends to explain their bizarre origins. This trip to Montserrat will show you wonderful and breath-taking views of one of nature’s special creations, the Montserrat Mountain.
You will visit the Montserrat Royal Basilica, which houses the famous 12th century Romanesque Verge Moreneta carving (the Black Madonna). From a distance you will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna. The Montserrat Benedictine sanctuary was built in 1025 and furnishes a mystical backdrop to the shrine of Catalonia's patron saint, the Virgin of Montserrat, in the monastery's Royal Basilica. From that time onwards, the little monastery has attracted pilgrims and visitors, keen to pay their respects. Over the centuries it has gained a reputation for miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to meet the needs of modern pilgrims who stillmake their way here, a thousand years after its original founding.
There will be some free time to visit the audio-visual exhibition on the history and creation of Montserrat. Try some typical Montserrat liquors.
The Montserrat Escolania is one of Europe's oldest boys’ choirs (Fourteenth Century). The children's choir sometimes sings in the monastery, and so you may be lucky enough to catch one of their delightful performances. Their timetable is subject to the school calendar and any special events for the choir and monastery.
Not available on 25Dec, 01Ja
• Air conditioned motor coach
• Bilingual guide
• Taste of 4 typical liquors. Handmade by the monks of the monastery.
• Entrance to the audio visual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audio visual Montserrat”. The exhibition is based on three fundamental pillars: mountain, monastery and sanctuary. It explains to its visitors the history, natural creation and significance of this pilgrimage sit
• Food and drinks, unless specified
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
• Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
• At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
This program has the collaboration of Diputació de Barcelona
JULIA TRAVEL Office – Balmes, 5 (Barcelona)-09:00 AM
Cancellation Policy 24 Hours Free Of Charge. Less Than 24 Hours Or No Show 100%.
Child Age: 4-12