Meteora Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
Meteora Half-Day Sightseeing Tour - Daily - Throughout the year
Take this comprehensive half day morning Tour in Meteora and discover the astonishing Meteora through the eyes and the narrative of the locals.
Visit 3 main monasteries of Meteora and discover the natural beauty and the cultural heritage of this area. This morning tour will take you back to the dark ages and the story of the first hermits and monks who laid the foundations of what later on became the monastic community of Meteora. Learn which monastery was the first to be established and the true motivations behind the monks’ decision to try to climb the steep rocks of Meteora and build the monasteries there. Learn everything, see everything. And then we will take you to the most beautiful spots for amazing views and photos.
● Pick up and drop off from your Hotel
● See all monasteries
● English-speaking tour leader
● Semi-independent tour
● Transportation by air-conditioned mini bus
● Excellent value for money
● Free wifi on board
● Free Map and Bottle of water
● Combines a bus tour with short walks
● Stop in spots with panoramic view for photo shooting and learn about the local traditions, myths and history
● On your tour of Meteora you will be able to visit inside 3 monasteries
● English, French, Italian, Spanish, Romanian and Russian guides on request
● Gratuity (optional)
● Entrance fees at the 3 monasteries, 3 euro per person at each monastery
Wear closed toed shoes. There are many beautiful sights. You are encouraged to bring a camera along. Weather will not affect the operation of the tours. However if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund. The monasteries have a strict dress code men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts, trousers and skirts will be provided.