Medieval hills towns of the Veneto and prosecco wine tasting
Medieval hills towns of the Veneto and prosecco wine tasting - duration 8h
A journey into the countryside, visiting three of the most charming towns in the Veneto region. See the walled town of Marostica and its mediaeval castle, famous for its ‘game of human chess’ played every two years on a giant chess board in the central square. Bassano del Grappa is your next stop. It is a shopper's paradise, synonymous with the production of the firewater of the mountains - Grappa! Across the famous Palladian bridge over the Riviera del Brenta, you will visit the famous distillery which is actually located on the bridge.
Asolo ‘The pearl of the Veneto’ is your next stop, located among the cypress-covered foothills of the Dolomites, with its narrow pavements & archways and the Queen of Cyprus's castle, Caterina Cornaro. Robert Browning was one of the many poets who adored Asolo. Here, you will have time free to stroll around this enchanting town or enjoy an optional lunch in one of the local restaurants. You will then head inland, half way between Venice and the Alps, where you will see the beautiful rolling hills of Valdobbiadene. If you've never tries Prosecco, now's your chance, this sparkling white wine is Italy’s most popular “vino frizzante”.
You will pass enchanting churches and follow the panoramic “Wine road of Prosecco”, surrounded by seemingly infinite vineyards. You will visit one of the most important cantinas (wine cellars) in the area. After a guided tour of the cantina, you get the chance to taste your first glass of Prosecco and three other wines. You can also purchase a few bottles before making your way back to Venice.
• Visit of three of the most enchanting towns in the Veneto region: Marostica, Bassano del Grappa and Asolo
• Discover the picturesque Bassano del Grappa and its magnificent Palladian bridge
• Scenic photo opportunities
• Prosecco wine tasting in a vineyard in the area of Valdobbiadene
• Minivan tour with English speaking driver.
• Guided winetasting in a historical cantina and its vineyard
• Transport by air-conditioned minibus
• High qualified English-speaking driver.
• Optional lunch
• Maximum group size is eight people per minibus
• This activity is not accessible by wheelchair
• Please wear comfortable shoes
• Check-in is 15 minutes before the booked tour start time.
• Please look out for the orange umbrella or sign in the minibus/ car.
Availability: Not available