Kekova & Myra Full Day Bus & Boat Tour with Official guide, Entrance fees and Tranportation
Kekova & Myra - full day bus & boat tour - Duration: 8h
Come explore the Lycian rock-cut tombs. Check out the fallen friezes which are carved with theatrical masks and discover the amphitheatre at the Lycian site of Myra. Later, you will drive towards St Nicholas church at Demre. Here lies the empty tomb of St Nicholas, who used to be the Bishop of Myra and the inspiration for beloved Santa Claus. Lastly, you will climb aboard a boat to sail to Kekova Island where you can find pieces of a Lycian settlement that were submerged in the water. You’ll be able to spot the sunken walls and steps as you watch down the water.
Kekova Island is an island of extraordinary beauty, known for its half-submerged city, caused by an earthquake during the second century. The underwater ruins and relics offer a truly mystical experience. There will also be a short stop for you to swim in the sea. You will then have lunch before reaching Demre, situated on the site of the ancient city of Myra. You can check out the remains of Myra, like the amphitheater and rock tombs and visit the Church of St Nicholas, also known as Santa Claus.
• Explore the Lycian site of Myra
• Visit the burial site of St. Nicholas, the inspiration for Santa Claus
• Board a boat for a trip to Kekova Island
• Glide over turquoise, crystal clear water and gaze at the submerged ruins of an ancient city
• See the rock tombs of dead kings from the Lycian period, more than 2,000 years old
• If you wish, you can take a dip in the sea
• Return to the start with many happy memories of this beautiful location
• Licensed Guide
• Entrance Fee
•The pickup time is estimated. For the exact pickup time you will be informed locally the day before
Child Age: 7-11
Availability: Not available