Gems Of The Lagoon: Murano & Burano Islands Boat Tour with Glass Factory Visit and Escort
Gems Of The Lagoon: Murano & Burano Islands Boat Tour - Duration 6.5h
Enjoy a full-day motorboat tour along the fascinating Venetian Lagoon!
Hop aboard a motorboat for an exciting adventure along the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello in the Venetian Lagoon. Start by taking in the breathtaking views over the St. Mark's Basin before exploring your first destination in Murano Island (approx. 1.5 hours). Here, visit a glass factory and get an insight into the island’s glass-making tradition of generations before exploring the spectacular Basilica of Santi Maria e Donato, one of the oldest medieval churches in the Venetian lagoon built during the 7th century.
Next, you head off to the fishing village of the picturesque Burano island (approx. 2 hours), in the northern end of the Venetian Lagoon. Discover a truly marvelous setting celebrated for its colorful fishermen’s cottages and its interwoven canals buzzing with small fishing boats. The island is also popular for its delicate artisan lace. Don’t miss unique photo-ops around every corner of Burano, as this is a highly photogenic place.
Lastly, the journey takes you to the tranquil verdant island of Torcello (approx. 1 hour). Founded in the 5th century, this island is even older than Venice and it was once a bustling epicenter. Get an insight into Torcello’s glorious past by visiting the 7th-century Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta and sit on Attila's Throne, an ancient stone chair used by magistrates. You can also go up the Bell Tower and check out the amazing view over the surrounding lagoon and its habitat before hopping aboard for the return trip back to mainland Venice.
• Enjoy a motorboat ride around the spectacular Venetian Lagoon
• Visit Murano Island, including a glass factory & the church of Basilica of Santi Maria e Donato
• Visit picturesque Burano Island for unique photo ops
• Visit Torcello Island, including the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta with its Bell Tower & Attila’s Throne
• Motor boat from/to Venice
• Visit to a glass factory in Murano Island
• Multilingual assistant (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian)
• Food & drinks on board
• Hotel pickup/drop off
• Any food, drink or services not specified above
• You are advised to wear comfortable walking shoes & clothes
• Please note that this is a shared tour
• The tour is operational even with rain
• No refunds for no shows or late arrivals
• Please note that this is not a detailed guided tour, however there is multilingual assistance and some commentary provided along the tour (English, German, Spanish, French & Italian)
• The meeting point is at Riva degli Schiavoni at the Vittorio Emanuele II monument. There will be an assistant with a sign waiting for you
• You are required to be at the meeting point at least 20 minutes prior to the tour’s starting time (the boat will leave from a nearby shore at 10:00 & the group will leave the meeting point 5 minutes before the tour’s starting time)
• You are required to present a printed/mobile copy of your voucher to the tour staff upon arrival
• The tour operates daily at 10:00 (April 1st – November 3rd)
• The tour will NOT operate during the following dates: June 9th, September 1st
• Total duration is approx. 6.5 hours
Child Age: 4-12
Be sure to get there at least 20 minutes prior to tour starting time, the boat will leave from a nearby shore
Provide a printed/mobile copy of your voucher to our staff.