Classical Venice - Classic Gondola ride Saint Marks Basilica Doges Palace with Entrance Fees and Official Guide
Classical Venice - Classic Gondola ride Saint Marks Basilica Doges Palace - duration 2h 30m
Start your combination tour with a classic gondola trip on this unique exploration of Venice's romantic canals. You can relax and unwind to the gentle rhythms and movements of the Grand Canal, and marvel at the skill involved in steering the gondola through the city's intricate waterways. You're sure to get involved in the friendly banter of the gondoliers who are as much a part of Venetian life as the gondolas themselves.
All you have to do is sit back and enjoy the view of Venice from the water. This delightful tour will take you a step nearer to the city's romantic facades and will enable you to understand what it really means to be a Venetian.
Your next tour starts at 11.15 am in front of the Correr Museum in Saint Mark's Square where you will find your expert English-speaking guide. The tour starts with an exploration of the buildings in the square, then you enter Saint Mark's Basilica without having to stand in a queue.
This majestic building symbolises the lagoon and enshrines the history of the city and the relics of its saints. Your expert guide will walk you through to show you the awe-inspiring gold mosaics and one of the great highlights of Saint Mark's Basilica, the “Pala d’Oro” (Golden Altar).
The altar features masterpieces by generations of Venetian goldsmiths and is recognised worldwide as one of the most refined and accomplished works of Byzantine artisans and the most precious treasure in Saint Mark's Basilica. Your tour continues as you enter the Doge's Palace without queuing. This magnificent combination of Gothic, Byzantine and Renaissance architecture is awe-inspiring. The palace used to be the residence of the Doge (Duke), the city's elected ruler. You will pass through extravagant rooms and cross the Bridge of Sighs on the way to the new prisons. The tour comes to an end inside the palace but your pass enables you to stay inside the museum independently after the tour has ended, if you wish.
• 30 minutes’ Classic gondola ride along the Grand Canal and smaller canals
• 2-Hour walking tour of Saint Mark's Square, inside the Saint Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
• Skip the line tickets!! Avoid the public queues with our special pass
• Fully licensed English speaking guide
• Great photos opportunities!
• Guided Tour of The Saint Mark's Basilica and The Doge's Palace
• 30-minute shared classic gondola trip
• Admission fees
• Live tour commentary given in English
• Audio headset for tour commentary, with maximum of ten people per group
• No-queue entry to Saint Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace.
• The classic gondola ride is not guided
• Upstairs of Saint Marks Basilica not included
• Secret itineraries in Doge's Palace – you do not go into these rooms.
• Optional gratuities
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off
• Food and Drink.
• Check-in is 15 minutes before the booked tour start time
• This activity is not accessible by wheelchair
• Maximum group size is 25 people
• This activity operates whatever the weather
• This gondola trip is not guided. Shared gondola trip with max. six people per gondola
• Shoulders and knees must be covered in the basilica
• Backpacks are not allowed inside the basilica or Doge's Palace
• Our guide will be holding an orange umbrella and a sign with the name of the tour so she will be easy to find
• Rarely, Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed for religious ceremonies, public holidays, private events or high water, and we don't always get advanced notice. You will see the basilica and the square from the outside only. The tour of the Doge's Palace will last for 90 minutes; total length of tour (basilica + Doge's Palace) two hours
• Your museum pass allows you to spend more time inside the Doge's Palace independently at the end of the tour if you would like to.