Barcelona Full Day Montserrat & Artistic with Official Guide, Liquors Tasting, Entrance Fee and Transportation
Barcelona Full Day Montserrat & Artistic - duration 10h
Enjoy magnificent Montserrat in the morning and then explore Gaudi's Barcelona in the afternoon, all in the company of a knowledgeable guide
Begin the day by climbing onto a comfortable bus that takes you to see the breathtaking scenery of majestic Montserrat, a 4,051 foot high mountain range, whose weathered peaks are the subject of many legends and stories.
Get on the cogwheel train (which is air-conditioned and wheel-chair friendly) and climb up the mountain, savouring the spectacular views and ending in the famous monastery. Use your free time to explore the Benedictine monastery known as the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, home to the famous Black Madonna. Tour includes the entrance to the audio visual exhibition about the monastery and its history, and a tasting of 4 liquors made by the monks.
Return to Barcelona by coach, dropping off at Calle Balmes 5, which is where the afternoon tour leaves from at 3.15 p.m.
Begin at Sagrada Familia, Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece which is Barcelona's most famous landmark. Listen to the guide as you walk round the outside and admire the richly and symbolically decorated facades, where vaults reach up to seventy metres. Then on to Gaudi's bizarre Park Güell, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Be careful, it's easy to get lost in the whimsical design of this bizarre but compelling public park which is a perfect combination of architecture and nature.
Continue on to Passeig de Gràcia to see Gaudi's famous apartment buildings the Casa Mila “La Pedrera”, and Casa Batlló , as well as other modernist buildings. The tour ends near Casa Batlló - Passeig de Gràcia, 43.
From 1s November to 31st March the tour will begin with Park Güell
• Morning journey through stunning scenery to Montserrat
• Cogwheel train
• Audio visual exhibition at Montserrat
•Tasting of spirits made by monks
• Afternoon walking tour of Gaudi's Barcelona
• Full day trip
• Air conditioned motor coach
• Bilingual official guide
• Cogwheel train
• Tasting of 4 liquors
• Entrance to the audio visual exhibition at Montserrat
• Entrance fee and guided walking tour of Park Güell
• Guided walking tour of the outside of the Sagrada Familia
• Guided walking tour of Passeig de Gràcia to view the outside of Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló
• Any food and drinks, or services not mentioned above
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
• Entrance to the Sagrada Familia.
• Entrance to Casa Batlló and Casa Milà “La Pedrera
• There is a dress code for entering Montserrat Monastery. Strapless tops, camisole type tops, sleeveless shirts, short shorts and sandals are forbidden. Please ensure you are appropriately dressed
• Montserrat is a high mountain and the climate is much cooler than at the coast. Please bring clothes that will protect you from the cold and rain (even in summer!)
• This tour requires walking, comfortable shoes are recommended
• BLACK OUT DATES: 11th & 24th September, 25th & 26th December, 1st, 5th & 6th January
MEETING POINT TIME PICK UP: JULIA TRAVEL Office – Balmes, 5 (Barcelona)-09:00am
Casa Batlló - Passeig de Gràcia, 43, 08007 Barcelona
CHILD AGE: 4-12
Availability: Not available