Barcelona Full Day Highlights & Montserrat With Cog-Wheel Train with Official Guide, Entrance Fee and Transportation
Barcelona Full Day Highlights & Montserrat With Cog-Wheel Train - duration 10h 30m
See the main sights of Barcelona from an air conditioned coach, accompanied by a guide and then spend the afternoon enjoying the spectacular scenery and history of Montserrat
Barcelona embraces history and modernity just like it embraces the sea and the mountains, so why not enjoy a tour where you can experience everything the city has to offer?
Spend the morning on a comfortable air-conditioned coach with a guide who will share some of the stories of this great city. Begin with a drive past some of Gaudi's most famous buildings and then on to the sea to admire the changes made for the 1992 Olympic Games, the fishermen's quarter, and the famous monument of Plaza de Colon, at the top of Las Ramblas. Next up Montjuïc with a short stop at the Olympic Stadium and on to Montjuïc Castle and a cable car ride with fabulous views over the city. Get back on the bus at the top and travel past the Olympic buildings to Spanish Village.
Enjoy walking round this charming village, which has examples of traditional buildings from all over Spain and demonstrations of traditional crafts.
Next the bus takes you back through the sights to the city centre. At the Plaza de Cataluña leave the bus behind for a guided visit of the old city centre on foot. Walk on Las Ramblas, through the cathedral square and down the narrow alleys of the gothic quarter to Plaza Sant Jaume where the Catalonian government has its seat finally ending in front of the Hard Rock Cafe.
You now have some time to eat lunch (not included) before climbing onto a comfortable bus that takes you to see the breathtaking scenery of majestic Montserrat, a 4,051 foot high mountain range, whose weathered peaks are the subject of many legends and stories.
Get on the cogwheel train (which is air-conditioned and wheel-chair friendly) and climb up the mountain, savouring the spectacular views and ending in the famous monastery. Use your free time to explore the Benedictine monastery known as the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, home to the famous Black Madonna. Tour includes the entrance to the audio visual exhibition about the monastery and its history, and a tasting of 4 liquors made by the monks.
• Morning sight seeing in air conditioned coach, with bi-lingual official guide
• Cable car ride from Montjuïc Castle
• Visit to Spanish Village
• Cogwheel train up to Montserrat Monastery
• Audio visual exhibition at the Monastery
• Tasting of 4 liquors made by the monks
• Full day trip
• Air conditioned coach
• Bilingual guide
• Entrance fee to Spanish Village
• Montjuïc cable car
• Cogwheel train to Montserrat
• Entrance to audio visual exhibition at Montserrat
• Tasting of 4 liquors
• Any food and drinks, or services not mentioned above
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
• Entrance to the Gothic Cathedral.
• Entrance to the Sagrada Familia.
• Entrance to Casa Batlló and Casa Milà “La Pedrera
• In summer you have 1 hour 15 minutes between the morning and afternoon tours in which to get some lunch (not included in price), in winter you have 45 minutes
• There is a dress code for entering Montserrat Monastery. Strapless tops, camisole type tops, sleeveless shirts, short shorts and sandals are forbidden. Please ensure you are appropriately dressed
• Montserrat is a high mountain and the climate is much cooler than at the coast. Please bring clothes that will protect you from the cold and rain (even in summer!)
• This tour requires walking, comfortable shoes are recommended
• BLACK OUT DATES: 11th & 24th September, 5th January
MEETING POINT: JULIA TRAVEL Office – Balmes, 5 (Barcelona)-08:30 AM
CHILD AGE: 4-12
Cancellation Policy 24 Hours Free Of Charge. Less Than 24 Hours Or No Show 100%.
Availability: Not available