Armenian Venice Private Tour with Official Guide
Armenian Venice Private Tour - Duration 5h
Tread on the footpaths of Armenian history in Venice!
This guided tour takes you to a journey through time into Armenian heritage in Venice. You start off from the island of San Lazzaro degli Armeni which houses the main monastery of the Armenian Catholic Mekhitarist Congregation. Here, a Mekhitarist Father takes you on an exclusive tour of the monastery.
Next, hop on board for your return trip back to Venice and from Piazza San Marco you head off to the Venetian baroque church of Santa Croce degli Armeni, the national church of Venice’s’ Armenian community in the parish of San Zulian. The last destination in your itinerary takes you to Palazzo Ca’ Zenobio degli Armeni in the district of Dorsoduro. This is a Baroque-style palace built in the late 17th century which once housed the Armenian College Moorat Raphael. Today visitors are free to stroll around and admire the palace’s architecture with its beautiful frescoes and an impressively restored courtyard garden.
• An educational tour of Armenian culture & traces in Venice
• Visit San Lazzaro degli Armenia & tour the main monastery of the Armenian Catholic Mekhitarist Congregation
• Visit Saint Mark's district & the church of Santa Croce degli Armeni
• Visit Dorsoduro district & Palazzo Ca’ Zenobio degli Armeni
• Visit to Santa Croce Church
• Visit to Ca’ Zenobio
• Armenian guide
• Transportation to San Lazzaro (€7.50 one way per person)
• Visit to San Lazzaro degli Armeni (€6 per person)
• Food & drinks on board
• Hotel pickup/drop off
• Any food, drink or services not specified above
• Please note that this tour must be booked at least 2 working days in advance
• A minimum of 2 people is required
• The tour is operational even with rain (a refund will be provided in the event of cancellation due to an exceptional high tide)
• No refunds for no shows or late arrivals
• Languages: English on Mondays & Thursdays, German & Italian are provided on request
• The meeting point is at Riva degli Schiavoni, in front of San Zaccaria waterbus stop line 20
• You are required to be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the tour’s starting time
• You are required to present a printed/mobile copy of your voucher to the tour staff upon arrival
• The tour operates daily at 09:00 (April 1st – November 3rd)
• The tour will NOT operate during the following dates: April 21st, 22nd and 25th, June 2nd, August 15th
• Total duration is approx. 5 hours
Child Age: 0-5.99
Be sure to get there at least 20 minutes prior to tour starting time, the boat will leave from a nearby shore
Provide a printed/mobile copy of your voucher to our staff.
The tour will NOT operate during the following dates: April 21st, 22nd and 25th, June 2nd, August 15th /