Piazzas of Rome at Sunset
Piazzas of Rome at Sunset Small Group Tour - All Year Round
Watch the sunset across the romantic squares of Rome. Marvel at baroque fountains and statues, and learn the story of some of the city’s most important meeting points, such as Piazza Navona.
Meet your guide in Piazza del Popolo a lively space for concerts. Learn about the vision of its architect, Giuseppe Valadier.
Continue to Pincio Terrace to see the sunset over the rooftops of Rome. Marvel at the broad sweep of the Spanish Steps and Barcaccia’s fountain to a half-sunken ship. Visit the Trevi Fountain on Piazza di Trevi, and throw a coin in the pool according to tradition.
Visit the Pantheon on Piazza della Rotonda. Wander over to Piazza Navona, built on the site of a Roman amphitheater. Experience “La Dolce Vita” of Rome around Bernini’s magnificent Four Rivers Fountain in its center.
End on Campo de' Fiori, dominated by the statue to the poet and philosopher, Bruno Giordano. Learn about his trial for heresy, and how he was burned at the stake at the medieval marketplace in the 16th century.
• Visit the piazzas of Rome after dusk
• Admire the sunset from Pincio Terrace by the Spanish Steps
• Learn the dark history of Santa Maria del Popolo
• Admire its paintings by Caravaggio
• Visit the Trevi Fountain and Throw a coin in
• Visit the Piazza della Rotonda
• Learn how the Bruno Giordano was burned to death on Campo de' Fiori
In front of Santa Maria del Popolo Church. Just under the steps that leads in to the church.
German 6pm, English 6pm, French 6pm
Availability: Not available