Istanbul Highlights - Private Tour
Istanbul Highlights - Private Tour - The price is for grours up to 3 persons - duration approx. 8h
Enjoy a full day exploring some of the treasures of Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman Istanbul , including the Hippodrome, the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar and the Topkapi Palace. Learn some of its captivating history in the company of your private knowledgeable local guide.
The first stop is the remains of the Hippodrome, used for chariot races in Roman times and as the centre of social life in Byzantine Constantinople.
Nearby is the next monument on the tour, an unmissable feature of the Istanbul skyline, the famous Blue Mosque, so-called because its interior is decorated with more than 20,000 blue Iznik tiles. Next you will visit Hagia Sophia, once a great Byzantine cathedral, then a mosque and now a brilliant museum.
After so much culture it's time to head for the Grand Bazaar. One of the oldest and largest covered bazaars in the world, it's a labyrinth of streets and narrow passageways with over 4,000 shops and cafes. It's an ideal place to stock up on some souvenirs for family and friends, with so much variety there's something for everyone, and it's also a chance to brush-up your bargaining skills. -
The tour finishes with a visit to the impressive Topkapi Palace, home of the Ottoman sultans. Once a mysterious city within a city and home to as many as 4,000 people this vast and sumptuous palace shelters exquisite collections of precious gems and jewellery, royal thrones and Ottoman miniatures, as well as the enthralling stories related your guide.
• See the Hippodrome
• Enjoy the guided tours of the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia & the Topkapi Palace
• Have a tour of the Grand Bazaar with time to do some shopping
• Full day tour
• Services of guide
Any food, drink or services not mentioned above.
• The pickup time is estimated. For the exact pickup time you will be informed locally the day before
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• The Blue Mosque is closed on Fridays and will only be visited from the outside.
• Please remember men may not enter the mosque wearing shorts and women must have their hair and legs covered (trousers or a long skirt & headscarf). Although headscarves are available at the mosque you may prefer to bring your own.
The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays.
• The price is for grours up to 3 persons
Availability: Not available