Delphi one day-The center of Ancient World-the Omphalos
Daily Service from April to October, November to March every Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
Dep. 08.45 – Ret. 19.00
Drive through the fertile plain of Beotia, crossing the towns of Thebes connected with the tragedy of King Oedipus – Levadia and Arachova (short stop on the way back). Arrive at Delphi, the center of Ancient World – the “Omphalos” (Navel of Earth) – whose prestige extended far beyond the boundaries of the Hellenic World. On the slopes of Mount Parnassus, in a landscape of unparalleled beauty and majesty, lie the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo Pythios. Visit the Treasury of the Athenians, the Temple of Apollo and the Museum containing such masterpieces of Ancient Greek sculpture as the bronze Charioteer and the famous athlete Aghias. Lunch in the modern village of Delphi, return to Athens by the same route.
N.B. Clients staying at the coast will depart for their hotels around 19.30 hrs.
* Crossing the town of Thebes
* Visit Levadia and Arachova traditional Village
* Visit Delphi, the center of Ancient World and “Omphalos”
* Admire the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo Pythios and the Temple of Apollo
* Be aware for Museum of Ancient Greek
Availability: Not available